Hi everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sereneitty

Post by sereneitty »

Hi everyone! I'm Serene. New here and looking to do some reading. More about me - I'm an accountant, an introvert, I get a little nervous meeting new people, I like stories, travelling, puzzles, and creating. The audiobook I'm currently listening to: 1984 by George Orwell (which I find both incredibly interesting and chillingly frightening at times)

I've been enjoying listening to audiobooks for some years now, but I'm completely new to recording. So, I'm still exploring and figuring things out as I go along, how recording works and how things are done here. It feels like there's lots of info to take in, but it also seems pretty comprehensive once I get through it. At least, so far I've managed to set up Audacity with the help of Phil's video and the wiki page, and recorded my 1 minute test. I'll get to uploading that later.

That's about it from me. See you all around!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

welcome to the forum, Serene (what a beautiful name :9: )

seems like we have a lot in common in our hobbies. And here on the forum you need not be nervous about meeting new people, we're all a friendly bunch here, all sharing our passion for good books and creating them in audioversion.

I see you already passed the one-minute-test and claimed a section, so I guess all I can say here is: good luck with your first recording !

And as soon as you have questions, never hesitate to ask. There's always someone around that may know an answer and we love to help.

Sonia