Ready to listen

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
schipdog

Post by schipdog »

Hello from the State of Oregon, U.S.A.

I'm glad to join LibriVox and look forward to reading and also proof listening (PL). Since PL seems to be the greatest need right now, I am happy to be available.

I don't know if this applies to PL, but for reading projects I can offer a knowledge base which includes mechanical engineering design/drafting, legal terminology, medical terminology, photography, science, arithmetic, algebra, and some mathematics. Other interests include camping, cooking, food preservation, DIY, and advertising.

My favorite fiction includes fantasy, mystery, and science fiction.

Now I'm going to look at PL projects and see what I might help with there. I'm looking forward to fun and purpose volunteering for LibriVox.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

welcome to the forum shipdog :)
I'm glad to join LibriVox and look forward to reading and also proof listening (PL). Since PL seems to be the greatest need right now, I am happy to be available.

you can easily detect which projects are in need of a DPL (dedicated prooflistener = who listens to the entire project) by looking at the ~ before the project title. If you hang out in the Launchpad: viewforum.php?f=28 you have the best chances of finding a project. Currently (at the time I'm writing this) I see a Poetry project by Banjo Paterson that needs a DPL still, in case you like poetry, that would be a good start. Or else there is a science fiction novel The Blue Star available too. (you might want that one as you seem interested in sci-fi). And just on a hunch that you speak Hebrew...there's a Bible project as well.

In the Readers Wanted Short Works: viewforum.php?f=19 I can currently see two projects in need of DPL: The Finnish Legends and The Garden of Dreams, also a poetry collection.

You see, the ~ sign is quite easy to detect and you can also check the Drama Forum, the LOTE Forum and even the Solo forum, there might be projects that still are looking for a DPL. If you find such a project, just post in the thread and ask if they need help.

here you can read up all about the PL job: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

Well, I hope you find something you like. Have fun !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.