Introducing myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
melly22

Post by melly22 »

Hello everyone,
I'm Melissa, I'm 23 years old and I live in Italy. I've been studying English since I was six and it has become my biggest passion ever since. I've found Librivox by chance, while I was searching for audio books, it's changed my life truly, I've become passionate about reading and discovered so many great authors, I've laughed and cried, I've been taken into so many wonderful adventures!! Then every story I've listened to was so real, thanks to the flawless narration of the readers.
One day I had a fancy that perhaps I might become one of these narrators, I thought why not giving it a try? So here I am, I am still at the very beginning and I'm still learning how do Librivox volunteering works, hopefully I will soon be able to begin.
Thank you for taking time to read it, I hope I'll be able to be acquainted with other readers soon!! Now I'll definitely have a look at the website and gather important information.

Melissa :)
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Hi Melissa,

I'm new too! Just posted my intro. I'm looking forward to this experience!

Robin
melly22

Post by melly22 »

Thank you Robin for reaching out, it's nice to meet you here!! I'm going to read your intro then!!
We'll definitely enjoy this new experience!

Melissa
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Melissa, welcome to our forum :D

great to have a new Italian reader among us. Well, I suppose you speak Italian if you live in Italy :wink: From your introduction, I guess you are eager to record mainly English books, but if you also want to join an Italian project, we are currently recording Dante's poetry. (I know: why start small ? :mrgreen: ) viewtopic.php?f=60&t=55387 Well the good thing is that poems are short and it's a good way to start with something short to learn the ropes.

But before you launch into any "real" recordings, it would be best to do a one-minute-test and post it here: viewforum.php?f=21 This is to check your technical settings are all up to LV standard. Someone will give you feedback and valuable advice if needed.

Well, I hope you have fun on the forum, and maybe one day I'll hear you in one of the projects I'm prooflistening. 8-)

Sonia
melly22

Post by melly22 »

Thank you for your kindest reply Sonia!
It sounds great!! I didn't think it was possible to read Italian texts also..awesome!! I love Dante's poetry and it might be my first attempt, so that it's in my own language, just to practice before recording in English.
I'm setting my microphone and PC, in this days I'll probably read all the information about how to record audios that I've found on this website.
I just have to find time to start and then I probably won't be able to stop!! As soon as I'm ready, I'm going to do the one-minute-test, so that I'll be able to record properly.
Thank you again! Hopefully you'll hear my first project soon! :clap:

Melissa
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

melly22 wrote: June 21st, 2018, 2:14 am I didn't think it was possible to read Italian texts also..awesome!!
oh yes, we accept ANY language here. Most of the projects are in English of course, but you can always post your Italian recordings in the Multilingual Project: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=68007
Actually there I am currently prooflistener, so I will hear you LOL
I love Dante's poetry and it might be my first attempt, so that it's in my own language, just to practice before recording in English.
great !!! :9: one more reader for that project. Still plenty of poems available to record. Just check out the Magic Window in the first post, all the sections that have "OPEN" in the final column are up for grabs. Then post a "claim" in the thread, something like: "I want claim Section xy" and then they usually reserve you that section.
I just have to find time to start and then I probably won't be able to stop!!
sounds like me :lol:

Good luck !

Sonia