I'm new

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
FUTURENARRATOR

Post by FUTURENARRATOR »

Hello everyone!
I'm new! My name is David, but on here my name is "FUTURENARRATOR" because it is indeed my aim to be a future professional narrator. I just got married and me and my wife both work, but my new job doesn't pay very much. I was making $18.50 an hour at my previous job, but now I'm only making $10. Soon it will be a couple dollars more, but its not much to get by with. I really enjoy my work as part of the grounds crew of a Christian college and will get free tuition and good benefits, but like I said the pay just isn't much. I am hoping to make some money by learning to do narration on this site and becoming professional enough to find some other good books that need to be in audio where I can make some salary for doing it.
One of the wonderful things about my current job is that I can listen to my blue tooth all day as I work. I'm currently on a schedule to listen to each book of the Bible 40 times in a row in order to be more familiar with the Scripture, and I'm also listening to a lot of great audio books on Audible.com.
I am prayerfully considering taking Bible classes in the Spring in hopes of maybe preaching one day as well. I would like to preach, write books, narrate the books I write (and others perhaps), and support my family until then by narrating books at least on a part-time basis. I would prefer to narrate Christian books, but I am open to other books too.
If anyone would like to know how I went from being an atheist to a Christian I would be happy to share it with you. I might write about it in a book someday, who knows?

-David
linny

Post by linny »

Hello David,
Welcome to LV!

This is a great place to practice your narration skills. Check out this link to get started: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording You'll want to do the preliminary test to check your setup against the requirements here at LV.

I wish you well on your future endeavors. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

FUTURENARRATOR wrote: June 10th, 2018, 6:39 am Hello everyone!
I'm new! My name is David, but on here my name is "FUTURENARRATOR" because it is indeed my aim to be a future professional narrator.
Hi, David. Just think, one day soon you may no longer be a "future narrator". Wishing you every success in your endeavors. All it takes is a quiet set-up with decent (not necessarily expensive) equipment, a bit of technical know how, find material that matches with your voice and thrills you, and practice, practice, practice on both recording and editing. There is plenty of free technical help in our Wiki and on You-Tube.

I recommend you start out by choosing short pieces on projects listed in LV's Readers Wanted Forums (get to the forums by clicking Board Index or LV in the masthead above each forum page)......... Poetry, children's books, short story and non-fiction collections (you can submit your own). I'll be hosting a Fortnightly Poetry reading (commencing next Sunday or Monday), and invite you to contribute! Everyone reads the same poem, and listening to all the different interpretations is quite interesting. The current poetry projects can be found here:
Weekly: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70599
Fortnightly: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528
FUTURENARRATOR

Post by FUTURENARRATOR »

Thank you for the welcome! I apologize about the delay. I was too busy to get into narrating last year but I am back. Thank you for the welcome!