Section I of Marta, this is a Librivox introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rampantant

Post by rampantant »

Hello!

I've been contributing for a little while, but I just realized I hadn't posted here to introduce myself.
I'm a Spanish translator living in Denmark - I work from home, so I like doing Librivox recordings every now and then to relax and disconnect a bit. I'm loving it so far, and I'm doing my best to get plenty of practice and improve my narration to make it fun and pleasant for the listener.

MCs, PLs, other readers, everyone has been very welcoming, kind and constructive. Thank you for your hard work, I'm looking forward to recording titles with everyone.

Marta
Reader Page

Feedback always welcome!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

We are glad to have you with us, Marta!

Working from home does blur the boundaries between what we do for work and what we do outside of it. Hopefully the transition from one part of your daily life into the other is simplified enough so you can relax quickly and take a break without going far or even changing your attire... And when you do record or proof-listen during those breaks, you not only help yourself to recharge, you also help accomplish our common goal. How great is that! :D
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
rampantant

Post by rampantant »

Thank you, tovarisch!

Couldn't agree more - it's one of the struggles of working from home, and while it has many, many perks, it's definitely not for everyone. Many colleagues have a shared office space with other freelancers so they can literally go to work and leave it in the office at the end of the day. A great solution to the problem!

When I'm recording, there's no headspace left to think about work, so in a way Librivox is the mind equivalent of eating pickled ginger to clean your pallate, then I can go back to anything with a fresher mind :D I'm sure everyone here has their own motivation or philosophy toward recording books. It's part of what's so fascinating about this whole project!
Reader Page

Feedback always welcome!
msfry

Post by msfry »

A Spanish translator living in Denmark. Sounds like a very interesting life! Thanks for sharing. Do you do this work for the government? With all the multicultural communities nowadays, I suspect translating is in great demand on official documents, contracts, etc.
rampantant

Post by rampantant »

Hi, Michele!

I'm glad you think so. There's definitely a big demand for that kind of translation (called Sworn Translation), but my field is actually Audiovisual! Subtitling for movies and TV shows, software... short books, if I can get away with it :D I absolutely love my job!
What do you think are the most common profiles for LV readers?
Reader Page

Feedback always welcome!
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Hi Marta,

I'm new too! Just posted my intro. I'm looking forward to this experience!

Robin