Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
cvanblom

Post by cvanblom »

I am an eager Reader / trained Broadcaster / Mentor who enjoys sharing wisdom through my voice.
My intent is to share many-thoughts, considerations and mantras through many media (print / audio / video / etc. methods that are still in development.)
Having been an Educator / School teacher for 8 years, a Toastmaster for 20 years and having experience as a Live / On-stage Performer for 2 years; I am still adding to my resume to impact THE LARGER AUDIENCE as a Reader. I still reflect on this encouraging-mood shared by my English teacher during my Sophomore year in high school. <-Mrs. Miller shared THE FEELING OF EACH LESSON with such-aplomb that I still boast about her, today (37 years after my graduating high school.)
Coupled with the (also-many years) listening to professional radio broadcasts of Paul Harvey's...... Rest-of-the-Story-stories and applying his many Techniques, I continue my eagerness to impact my audiences wherever I might find A Stage / radio mic.

I am referred to you by my local librarian after collaborating with other local Voiceover artists.

(Using my Stage-name) I am Charlie Castle, eager to share the wisdom from the oldest form of communication - print, directly to your heart. - Let's collaborate!

edit by admin -
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I removed your email - it can and will be harvested from the open forum. a few people do put them in their profile but you don't even need it there - we mostly operate in the forum.

Welcome aboard - hope you enjoy LV. Just get your 1 minute test posted and cgecked and you'll be able to get reading. We don't audition , but we do need the technical bits right before it can be used.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, cvanblom, and welcome to Librivox. Your introductory letter sounds interesting and I understand how you feel about your English teacher. My 4 years of high school honors English was pivotal to my education in a small Southern town. Without it I would be a provincial nobody today. Paul Harvey's Rest Of The Story was, I believe the father of modern podcasting. Many thanks to the local librarians who recommend Librivox to their patrons. We hear this often.

Don't be alarmed at Annise removing your email address. In my 5 years here I haven't needed to share private emails with many people -- a few, but very few, and only by Private Message (PM), never on the forums. Remember our forums may be perused by anybody in the world, and some people do mine forums for valid email addresses.

I urge you to follow your Welcome Letter's instructions, poke around, and give yourself time to get acquainted with our amazing book stitching platform. Submit your 1-minute test, then wade in to a Readers' Wanted project, preferably picking something short to start. Become part of our team, help us reach our goals, then soon enough the team will be helping you reach your goals. Best wishes and welcome.