Patristics recordings

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Diognetus

Post by Diognetus »

Hello, ny real name is Richard and I run a FB forum called Patristics for Protestants, where we study the Early Church Fathers together. One of my admins told me about Librivox and asked for volunteers to add some our obscure texts to the catalogue. Some of the great texts such as Augustine’s Confessions will be here already, but we are interested in mining the whole back catalogue of Patristics texts and getting them here.

I do a lot of acting, so the thought of combining my nerdy obsession with ancient Latin and Greek texts with my "extravert pole" excites me! If I am the voice of Minucius Felix and even Tertullian and some of my heroes on Librivox, that will be a great honour!

I am also heading towards the ‘partially sighted’ category in middle age, so it is in my interest to get my favourite texts out there in oral form! One day this and audio books could be my only source of access. I would also consider becoming a more in-depth volunteer for wider purposes.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello, Richard, and welcome to LibriVox!

Good to have here! :)

Have fun!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Richard, your interest in recording these obscure religious texts will find many interested readers here, I bet. Librivox has room for everything, as soon as we can find readers to put them together. How cool would that be to have Latin and Greek texts spoken aloud. WOW! I hope you get up to speed with our process quickly.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You might be interested to know that Monaxi has been recording some of them , just search the catalogue with her name.

Anne