Introducing myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AllisonRose

Post by AllisonRose »

Hello!

I usually go by Allie - it’s lovely to meet you.

I am in my twenties, graduated university and found myself unable to leave the house because of disability. My hobbies are writing, listening to audio books, acting etc.

I used to love baking cakes but now can’t :( same with Acting and I did some Lamda qualifications up until grade 8. But I’m learning how to do this with limited mobility :).

I have two cats and am getting an assistance dog soon, but I also love snakes.

My passion is history and historical writings, and helping people so this kind of fits both!
My favourite books are Wuthering Heights, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, and a variety of non fiction books!

It’s lovely to meet you all.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome, Allie. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us, and I know you will find satisfaction volunteering for Librivox. We have sight impaired volunteers, and wheelchair bound volunteers who are amazingly successful at this project. You will probably meet them on your way around the various projects. Harry Potter is 'da bomb! So is Tolkein. Alas not PD (Public Domain). But there are lots of magic, sci-fi, and folklore projects that are, and you can help bring those into being here. As to history and non-fiction, that's kind of my schtik, both reading and BC'ing (Book Coordinating) so hurry up and submit your 1-minute test, get your tech specs approved, and hop into one of my open projects.
AllisonRose

Post by AllisonRose »

Thank you,

Sorry I had a rough couple of days and didn't see your reply! That is so good to know! I used to volunteer a lot and its so nice to be able to get back into it. I sometimes think old-school sci-fi is the best, It can also be really funny when they predict the year 2000.

Oh really? that's amazing! I loom forward to it!
I have just uploaded on the audio uploader, but i'm posting the link here just encase, if I need to post elsewhere I will

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/AllisonRose_-_One_Minute_Test.mp3
msfry

Post by msfry »

Yes, go ahead and post the link to your 1 minute test over in the Listeners Wanted forum. It's where volunteers go to listen to the tests and offer helpful advice, and where our Admins check and OK your test.

Our Admins sometimes find the tests posted elsewhere and are anxious to accommodate newbies, but this is a huge website and I highly recommend you post stuff where it is most likely to be found. When you first start claiming sections, the BC's are going to check to make sure you're tech specs have been approved, and that's where they will look as well.

I took a quick peek. You have a lovely British accent, always intriguing to my ears. :D