Newbie Looking to Practice

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JacobLB44

Post by JacobLB44 »

Hello everyone, my name is Jacob. I just got me a mike for voice overs as a hobby and would like to volunteer here to practice. How do I start?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, Jacob!

All you need to get started is in your welcome email. If you annihilated it already thinking it was a bunch of spammy gibberish, the text is held for posterity here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36743

8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JacobLB44

Post by JacobLB44 »

Nope I did get it and briefly scanned it. More like where do we get the copy of the public domain book to read and how do we find which ones need doing? Personally I was hoping for some lovecraft:)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The "Readers Wanted" sections of the forum have group projects already in progress and that need readers. The texts for the projects are linked in the first post of each of the project threads. (We do recommend starting with a section or two in a group project, to get your feet wet with recording.)

Books that have been suggested/requested are in Book Suggestions. There are almost always links to the texts in those threads as well.

All the Lovecraft that is clearly in the public domain has already been recorded, but you're welcome to record them again if you like. (The others have unclear copyrights or are clearly still under copyright, so we stay away from them.)

Hope this helps!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JacobLB44

Post by JacobLB44 »

Awesome, thank you so much!
Edwina

Post by Edwina »

Hi Jacob,

I am new here as well :) I wanted to see if you maybe want to team up, because I do not want to do the reading part of it yet, but I would be interested in the proof-listening part.

Let's find a nice project to work on.
Edwina