Hello From Washington State

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
harvba

Post by harvba »

My husband Paul is working on recording The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum and he havibg fun doing it. So I thought I would Try recording too. We have 2 girks who really like `to have storie read to them.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

welcome!
vee

Post by vee »

Hello hello! We've been working on a number of children's projects here, so if you have any public domain stories they want to hear, this is a great place to get started.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, harvba!

In my experience, kids are happy to listen to you read almost anything you'd care to try. It's the experience rather than the literature itself which they enjoy. I believe there's a Beatrix Potter project about to be wrapped up which may need an extra reader or two.

Don't forget to check out the Weekly Poetry section - this week's poem takes under a minute to read and it's a great way of getting used to the strangeness of reading into your computer.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome harvba! I saw your post in another forum and thought, what an odd coincidence, we just had another new volunteer who goes by harvpa... and then I came over here and it all made sense. :) Welcome to librivox!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman