Hullo (:

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JHarvey

Post by JHarvey »

Hello, am pretty new to Librivox, but hope to be narrating soon! Am still somewhat unfamiliar with recording settings, uploading, etc., but hope to get the hang of it. I don't have the Audacity app, which seems to be the norm software, so I hope the minor tweaks I did with my other recording settings is ship-shape. Thanks! :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, JHarvey, I see you've been investigating our Dramatic Works and asking questions. But unless I've missed something, I don't see that you've submitted your 1-Minute Test yet. Now that is essential before you record, not as a voice audition, but to get your tech specs right for Librivox. So what I'd advise you to do is review that Welcome Letter you should have received by email, or review it here: viewtopic.php?p=668171#p668171, and follow the breadcrumbs to your destination, which from your introduction I think you plan to do some recording for us. And that is very welcome news. :clap:

As to not using Audacity, there are many people here who use other apps. What are you using?