Just introducing myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
palhe1

Post by palhe1 »

I am so happy to join the LibriVox volunteer community! Looking forward to reviewing all the information and links to get started. Sounds like I have some homework. It was a librarian that introduced me to LibriVox and I am always amazed at how quick my daily work commute is with this great service! :D
VelmaCariss

Post by VelmaCariss »

Welcome to Librivox. Glad she pointed you our way. We can use your enthusiasm. If you are interested, I recommend trying your hand at the weekly and fornightly poems section. It's always fun to see different interpretations of the poetry.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I'm so glad to hear that a librarian recommended Librivox to you. Makes me want to go put posters up on the bulletin boards in all my local libraries! :P Librivox is a book stitching program, where volunteers from around the world (who don't even know each other) come together and so far have brought over 12,000 audio books into creation. It's a miracle, and yes, there is a learning curve, but if you follow the directions in your Welcome Letter, peruse our forums and the wiki (menu bar above), and if you decide to record, watch our video tutorials, you'll learn how to participate in no time. It's fun, and there are always people around happy to answer your questions. Enjoy yourself, and I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground.
palhe1

Post by palhe1 »

Thank you kindly. I look forward to volunteering.