Hi!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BionicleMaster

Post by BionicleMaster » May 25th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Hello readers,

I am new to LibriVox and hope to start recording some books soon! Editing is fun too. :wink:
I look forward to getting into this stuff! :thumbs:
-BionicleMaster

msfry

Post by msfry » May 26th, 2018, 7:23 am

Sounds like you have experience with recording, since you know about editing. HA! That is sometimes an overlooked step with newbies who either try to record without a single error (impossible), or send in un-edited material (also impossible as very few people are willing to edit someone else's material . . . it does happen, but not as a rule.) At any rate, welcome aboard. Crack open that Welcome Letter and follow the directions there, starting with sending in your 1 minute test, and you'll be cruising along here in no time. Don't forget to ask questions along the way.

Here are a few tips:
We access each other's projects through the forums, which you can reach by clicking Forums on the Home Page, Board Index in the menu bar above, or hover over LV in the upper left corner. Find a project you like, request to read an Open section or two that you see in the MW (Magic Window), and wait for the BC (Book Coordinator) to sign you up. Then proceed to record, edit and proof your section until you are satisfied with it, save as an mp3, upload and wait for PL Notes or PL OK from that project's DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener). What to say for the Intro, Outro, special instructions, what to name your file, where to upload, are all spelled out by the BC in the First Post of each project. By the way, the most recent post in each forum is on the last page. And to receive email notification of answers to everything you post, you must stay signed into Librivox. HINT: I never sign out.

Enjoy yourself. There's lots to learn, lots to contribute, and much fun to have here.
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."

BionicleMaster

Post by BionicleMaster » May 26th, 2018, 11:52 am

Thanks so much for your tips, msfry! I greatly appreciate them, and I know they will come in handy. :)

One reason I want to edit is because I have heard all too many terribly mispronounced words and accents for some of the books. It puts my teeth on edge. So the simple solution is that I will do something about it :wink:

I'm not exactly what you would call experienced, I only started recording chapters of one of my favorite book a bit ago. I like regular acting, though, therefore voice acting is quite enjoyable as well for me.

Uh oh. I seemed to have misplaced the Welcome Letter :roll:

You can have fun doing anything if you just put your mind to it! I doubt it will be too hard here, though :)
-BionicleMaster

msfry

Post by msfry » May 27th, 2018, 6:34 am

You will find a copy of the Welcome Letter on Page 1 of the New Here? Introduce Yourself! forum. Click on the link Welcoming Of New Volunteers.
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."

BionicleMaster

Post by BionicleMaster » May 27th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Ok, thanks!
-BionicleMaster