Hello LibriVox World!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
craftydrbunny

Post by craftydrbunny »

Hello there!
I'm a new volunteer, joined at the urgings of my husband, who will also be on here so we'll motivate each other and keep each other accountable and finish what we sign up for :) I'm a registered nurse (geriatrics) but currently a stay at home mom with our little ones. Used to travel the world and a book is never far from my reach in my younger days. Reading will always be my first love, someday I hope to write and illustrate my own children's and YA books.

These days LibriVox gives me a chance to still read books with little ones running around so we hope to give back.

My husband has a much better voice than I do but I used to do oratory interpretations (speech) and compete in the National Forensic League back in my high school days.

Looking forward to contributing to the community!
Linda
msfry

Post by msfry »

A husband/wife team. That is charming. Welcome to you both, Linda. I presume you've received your Welcome Letter and know how to submit your 1-minute test, and once that is OK'd just peruse the forums and find a few short sections to cut your teeth on.
A few tips:
We access each other's projects through the forums, which you can reach by clicking Forums on the Home Page, Board Index in the menu bar above, or hover over LV in the upper left corner. Find a project you like, request to read an Open section or two that you see in the MW (Magic Window), and wait for the BC (Book Coordinator) to sign you up. Then proceed to record, edit and proof your section until you are satisfied with it, upload and wait for PL Notes or PL OK from that project's DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener). What to say for the Intro, Outro, special instructions from the BC, what to name your file, where to upload, are all spelled out in the First Post of each project. By the way, the most recent post in each forum is on the last page. And to receive email notification of answers to everything you post, you must stay signed into Librivox. HINT: I never sign out.

Enjoy yourself. There's lots to learn, lots to contribute, and much fun to have here.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm half of a husband/wife team too! And my kids do some recording as well! Welcome! :thumbs: