Hello! I'm Angelique, a New Reader. Pleased to be here.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Dysgyzed

Post by Dysgyzed »

Hello, everyone!
I'm pleased to have found this great site.
I'm looking forward to finding my first project to PL. (I especially liked the quiz at the end of that section. I thought it very clever.
I do have a question if someone would like to answer. I was seeking "collaborative works" as it was suggested that readers work on this first. In the search am I gathering that the term "collaborative works" is no longer used, but rather "readers wanted?" I'm sorry; I'm a bit confused.
Too, I have to say ... I'm really awful at editing; I find it to be frustrating so will be especially grateful for tips and clues there, when the time comes.
Ah, sorry; I'm to read and listen to books, not write them in the intro. *smile*
I'll end by saying that it'll be a sure pleasure to listen to your great narrations and to lay some terrific literature down for posterity.
High Regards and Thanks in Advance for all of the help I'm sure to receive!
~Angelique / Dysgyzed
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All the different forums that say "readers wanted" are group or collabarative projects full of co-ordinators who , once you've got you recording stuff organised and you've done the 1 minute test , will welcome you with open arms . so welcome aboard :thumbs:

Anne
Dysgyzed

Post by Dysgyzed »

Thank you, Anne! That does clarify.
As it turns out, I'm not able to download the recording software (a stupid setting on my computer that I can't figure out how to correct, unfortunately.)
So! I'm especially now looking for recordings to PL. There don't seem to be any available right now, but I'll be checking to see how I can best help!
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome at LibriVox, Angelique.

I am not quite sure, I thought I read at one point that you do not need to do the 1-minute-test if you do PL only and not record something.

If you can not check the tech specs, you'd need to tell the BC, so that files with erratic specs aren't missed.

There are a couple of projects looking for a DPL in the readers wanted section, look for this character in the subject: "~"

With a quick view I found those:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70204
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70049
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70020
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No, you don't need to do the test if you don't want to read - I assumed from the header that she wanted to read.

Anne
Dysgyzed

Post by Dysgyzed »

Yes, thank you. :)
I did want to read, but can not download Audacity to my computer; it's a glitch on this end that I'm not sure how to fix, so PL is how I can best help at this time.
I'd prefer to not listen at first to the whole work, as I understand is true for the DPL role, but absolutely DO appreciate your help and encouragement.
Hm. As a matter of a fact, I *will* look through the links provided here to find if there is perhaps a short work for proof listening. I'd like to contribute.
Again, best regards and thanks!
~A.