New Volunteer Narrator

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GerhardB

Post by GerhardB »

Good day Librivox community,

I'm a beginner voice over artist, and the Audiobook Narration niche has long intrigued me. I just finished building my own vocal booth (the kickstarter for my journey to become a voice actor) and I would like to become active in this community. I am thankful for such a platform as Librivox, where like minded individuals can come and express their passion.

I would like to start narrating short works (poetry, short stories) and later take on bigger projects (chapters and solos).

I hope to build upon this great platform, and I hope you get to hear some of my work :D

Thank you Librivox :thumbs:

Gerhard
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome, Gerhard. Sounds like you are well on your way to recording, and the more you read the more we will get to hear you. First thing is to submit your 1-minute test per your Welcome Letter and get the OK on your tech specs, and then, just as you say, tackle a few short sections to get the hang of how to participate in this ingenious book stitching program called Librivox. We access each other's projects through the forums, which you can reach by clicking Board Index in the menu bar above, or hover over LV in the upper left corner. Find a project you like, request to read an Open section or two that you see in the MW (Magic Window), and wait for the BC (Book Coordinator) to sign you up. Then proceed to record, edit and proof your section until you are satisfied with it, upload it and wait for PL Notes or PL OK from that project's DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener). What to say for the Intro, Outro, special instructions from the BC, what to name your file, where to upload, are all spelled out in the First Post of each project. By the way, the most recent post in each forum is on the last page. And to receive email notification of answers to everything you post, you must stay signed into Librivox. HINT: I never sign out.

Enjoy yourself. There's lots to learn, lots to do, and much fun to have here.
GerhardB

Post by GerhardB »

Hi Michele, thank you for your reply and all the helpful information. I will definitely follow through with the test recording and getting feedback on my audio/ recording preferences. ((Thank you for the hint of not signing out :clap:))