Greetings, Fellow Readers!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Deceptibot

Post by Deceptibot »

Hello, everyone! I'm stoked to join this community!

I'm a 29 year old dude from the Pacific Northwest United States. I've wanted to be a voice actor for as long as I can remember, and only just recently acquired the means to do so. Turns out, recording equipment is relatively cheap, and free audio recording software can practically run on a toaster.

I love the idea of this site, and it's goals. Ultimately, it's archival in nature, and I think the preserving of knowledge and information is a noble cause, on top of being absolutely fascinating to me. And it looks like everyone is pretty friendly, too.

As far as my own abilities are concerned, I fall in the low-tenor/high-bass range, and I'm somewhat of a mimic when it comes to accents (actually got me in trouble when I was younger). When I get around to it, I'll record the audio test and submit it, but my set up is pretty solid.

I look forward to listening to everyone, and helping this project grow.

-Deceptibot
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Deceptibot. Your enthusiasm is catching, and your story interesting. Thanks for sharing. We'll be here whenever you get ready to kick start your recording with that 1 minute test. The majority of us use Audacity's free software and can advise you on that platform. Plus there are plenty of video tutorials on our Wiki page on how to edit your recordings, and lots of YouTube videos on that too. The First Post on each project tells you exactly what is needed for each section you record, so pay close attention to that, select material that suits your taste and interests, and you'll be good to go. I recommend you start with a few short pieces to help you get the hang of things. Looking forward to see around the LV playground.