Hey everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rahulg1995

Post by rahulg1995 »

Hiiii, I am Rahul from India, I had been developing my reading and listening skills when I came across librivox audiobooks! I am very excited to be a part of that librivox family :) any suggestions are most welcome.
PS. I have posted the 1 minute test, how do I get the required ok ?

Thanks & Good Day
Rahul
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Rahul. Someone will come along shortly and listen to your 1 minute test and advise you if anything needs changing in your microphone or software settings. Meanwhile, take the opportunity to peruse the Librivox wiki and video tutorials, and LV's various forums for things you might like to read. I'd definitely start with something short to get some practice in the recording/editing/uploading process, and also how to name your files and post things. Everything you need to know for any project will be in the First Post, including what to say at the beginning and end of your section, and special instructions, so read that carefully. When you ask for a section on any project, be sure to wait for the OK before you start recording. Sometimes files are listed as Open when they have actually been claimed, as all of us are volunteers with real lives, and real jobs, so the Book Coordinator (BC) might not be able to update the Magic Window (MW) until the night or on weekends.) I've done that myself. DUH. Well, it was good practice. Now have fun and do hope to see you around the LV playground.
rahulg1995

Post by rahulg1995 »

msfry wrote: May 14th, 2018, 10:08 am Hi Rahul. Someone will come along shortly and listen to your 1 minute test and advise you if anything needs changing in your microphone or software settings. Meanwhile, take the opportunity to peruse the Librivox wiki and video tutorials, and LV's various forums for things you might like to read. I'd definitely start with something short to get some practice in the recording/editing/uploading process, and also how to name your files and post things. Everything you need to know for any project will be in the First Post, including what to say at the beginning and end of your section, and special instructions, so read that carefully. When you ask for a section on any project, be sure to wait for the OK before you start recording. Sometimes files are listed as Open when they have actually been claimed, as all of us are volunteers with real lives, and real jobs, so the Book Coordinator (BC) might not be able to update the Magic Window (MW) until the night or on weekends.) I've done that myself. DUH. Well, it was good practice. Now have fun and do hope to see you around the LV playground.
Hi msfry, thank you for the welcome. I have been looking around and now have a fair idea of how things work. I'll surely be around :)
Thanks , Rahul