hello world!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RORO

Post by RORO »

i'm RORO from the republic of Moldova. i'm just happy to be a part of the librivox community because its great, its for free and for everybody. :9:
i would like to read something in romanian and contribute with some nice pieces of romanian literature.
i was wondering in which language should i record the 1 minute test? or just any text in any language so you can give me a feedback on my recording settings?
thanks in advance!
best
RORO
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello RORO, welcome to LibriVox.

Moldova, how exciting. I remember my short holiday trip there a few years ago. We went there by car and the traffic in the Ion Creanga Street in Chisinau was simply :shock: We were happy when we had found our hotel :lol: Parking the car and then doing the rest of the sightseeing on foot, we did enjoy the city though. Nice memories. :9:

Of course you can do your one-minute-test in Romanian as well. It is more to ensure that your technical settings are ok. The details should all have been in your welcome mail. Just read a short test in Romanian (about 1 minute), preferably with some P or S sounds, so you can also check if you don't blow too much on the plosive sounds ;) Then upload it and post the link in this subforum: viewforum.php?f=21 Just create a new thread and tell us what microphone or programme you are using. Someone will check it and give you feedback.

When all is fine, you can post Romanian short stories or poems in our multilingual thread here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=68007 Livia will surely be thrilled that she is not alone in there anymore for Romanian stories. :mrgreen:

Good luck and have fun in here. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, RORO. Thanks for asking those great questions, and Sonia for sharing this neat information. There is still so much to learn about Librivox.
RORO

Post by RORO »

Kitty wrote: May 14th, 2018, 2:31 am Hello RORO, welcome to LibriVox.

Moldova, how exciting. I remember my short holiday trip there a few years ago. We went there by car and the traffic in the Ion Creanga Street in Chisinau was simply :shock: We were happy when we had found our hotel :lol: Parking the car and then doing the rest of the sightseeing on foot, we did enjoy the city though. Nice memories. :9:

Of course you can do your one-minute-test in Romanian as well. It is more to ensure that your technical settings are ok. The details should all have been in your welcome mail. Just read a short test in Romanian (about 1 minute), preferably with some P or S sounds, so you can also check if you don't blow too much on the plosive sounds ;) Then upload it and post the link in this subforum: viewforum.php?f=21 Just create a new thread and tell us what microphone or programme you are using. Someone will check it and give you feedback.

When all is fine, you can post Romanian short stories or poems in our multilingual thread here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=68007 Livia will surely be thrilled that she is not alone in there anymore for Romanian stories. :mrgreen:

Good luck and have fun in here. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Sonia
Thank you for your kind answer and useful information! wow, you were in Moldova! And you survived the rush hour in the Ion Creanga streat, respect! Yes the traffic in Chisinau is just crazy!
I'm happy to do my first recording soon!
Good luck you too!
Best regards,
Dumitru:)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RORO wrote: May 18th, 2018, 2:46 pmwow, you were in Moldova! And you survived the rush hour in the Ion Creanga streat, respect! Yes the traffic in Chisinau is just crazy!
:lol: and the funniest thing is (it wasn't funny at the time though): we had to do the Creanga street TWICE. Once we got up the road, we made a left, but then somehow missed the street entry for our hotel, and since there were so many one-way-streets, we had to make the whole way again and ended up in the Creanga street a second time. :help: After that we made extra sure to find the correct street for the hotel :lol:
I'm happy to do my first recording soon!
great, see you soon then ! Have a nice weekend

Sonia