Hello everyone! Newbie to Librivox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mancuso

Post by Mancuso »

Hello everyone,

I recently joined Librivox and excited to connect with all of you. I love reading, researching and learning as much as I possibly can. In my daily research, I discovered an audiobook narration program that is absolutely phenomenal. It was through that program that I found out about Librivox and so here I am. I am ready to read, read and read some more.

I am volunteering to be a proof-listener, as well. Anyone else a proof-listener in the forum? If so, what is it like to proof-listen? Any advice, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Melissa
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, Melissa. Welcome to Librivox. I love your attitude and enthusiasm. One way you could proof-listen is on a project I am working on called The American Book Of The Dog. As Book Coordinator (BC) I proof listen the other readers' files, but need someone to proof listen my files. It's not too hard, just listen with headphones, follow along with the online text and note any significant discrepancies -- Intro and Outro as suggested, missing words or phrases, repeated words or phrases, inconsistent pronunciation (especially of proper names), long periods of silence, etc. I even welcome criticism! I'll have the tech specs checked out before I upload, but I can teach you how to check those too. You can learn how to make notations by reading a few posts up from the bottom for PL Notes sent to others. I will be uploading Section 20 tonight or tomorrow, on the Cocker Spaniel, and would enjoy helping you learn. If dogs interest you, you could even read for this project, There are several short sections left (12 pages or under) -- good for getting in some practice with the process. Check it out here