Aloha!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
esnyder

Post by esnyder »

Aloha!

I thought I would look into volunteering, as I am a regular reader of older books which my generation (these days) tends not to even be aware of.  I am college educated in my mid-30s, and live in Hawaii on the Big Island - thankfully on the opposite side of the island from where the lava action is currently taking place.  Aside from constantly reading history books, some of my favorites include Dickens, Melville, and Tolstoy.  I'm not used to reading out loud much, except to my kids every night before bed, but this seemed like it would be a fun project to participate in.  Looking forward to seeing what's out there "on request" to be read.
Mancuso

Post by Mancuso »

Hello esnyder,

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see a fellow island resident in here. I live in Maui, but currently in Texas on business.

Good to hear that you are safe and away from the area affected by the unfortunate recent volcanic eruption of Kilauea volcano. My heart breaks for everyone impacted by the unfortunate recent volcanic eruption of the Kilauea volcano, it's good to hear that you are safe and away from that area.

I am also a newbie to Librivox! Congrats on your new reading venture and happy reading!

Mancuso
RWColquitt

Post by RWColquitt »

Greetings
and Aloha, I am joining and glad to see another resident of Hawaii. I am on Oahu and excited to get started. I bid you much success. :D