Hello from Canada <(^_^)>

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Reconpirate

Post by Reconpirate »

Hello everyone, I am Bob,

Very new to this scene, but due to a new acquisition of blue yeti microphone I've decided to get some practice in the world of reading audio books. Part of the reason for this is I want to get into making more digital media and I have to get used to talking to a blank screen, and second I've always loved project gutenburg, and this is a way to help In a indirect way.

So hello, and I will be poking around and seeing what I can help with, If you have anything short in mind that's available feel free to link below or dm me, (whichever the protocol here might be)

TTFN
Recon
msfry

Post by msfry »

Good morning, Bob. Welcome to Librivox. I also use a Yeti Blue (desk model) with a syrefoam box around it to dampen the background noises of my house. It works well. Your first move if you plan to record is to submit your 1-minute test of your tech specs, following the instructions in your Welcome Letter, then starting with short pieces is a great plan. Perusing the Readers Wanted forums, you'll find some short sections, including poetry and chapters in children's books (and other books as well). As a guideline, a chapter of 1000 words is about 6-7 minutes of edited recording. I'm sure you'll find something. You are welcome to read for my Fortnightly Poetry project going on right now, but get your tech specs OK'd first. Here's that link: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70200