Hello All!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
autumatik

Post by autumatik »

Hi everyone!
My name is Autumn Cortright, I am a high school student and I love reading/speaking/acting arts. I can't wait to get started here on LibriVox :D
I learned about LibriVox while listening to Les Miserables on audiobook. (I am obsessed.) I thought, this is so cool,perhaps I could help? Now I'm here not just to read books, but also maybe poetry and hopefully the voice-acting parts that I have heard are available. Who knows, maybe one day I'll do a solo! :mrgreen:
Here's a little about me otherwise:
My hobbies are violin, art, and theatre. I love everything correlated to the arts, so musical theatre is really the epitome of joy for me since it combines art, writing, music, and performance. As for school, I enjoy all the subjects, especially English and History. Other things I enjoy are coffee, staying up late at night, clean laundry and blackberries. What else can I say? I'm a simple girl with simple enjoyments. :)
I'm still getting to know this site, so bear with me, but if anyone knows a part/story that might be a good fir for me: I have a medium/slightly high woman's voice, good inflection, sometimes I read just a bit fast. I speak french as well. Thanks for your consideration, hopefully you will be able to hear me soon!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Autumn. Welcome to Librivox, where a group of diverse strangers from across the world are able to join hands to record and stitch thousands of books together! If you want to jump in fast, my advise is to hurry up and submit your 1-minute test, wait for an OK on that, then get cracking on recording.

There are always a few dramatic works going on, several group projects, a variety of short story collections, and two ongoing Poetry projects where you can submit your interpretation of a featured verse. Most of the poems aren't too long, perfect to practice your recording/editing skills. Most importantly, you'll get the hang of reading the First Post of each project and following the Book Coordinator (BC's) explicit instructions on how to claim a section, what to say for your INTRO, OUTRO, what to name your files (I recommend you copy and paste what's there because its so easy to make a typo), where/how to upload your files, and notify the BC what you've done. A few runs through that process and you'll be an expert.

Here is a Fortnightly Poetry project, (which I happen to be the BC of this go round -- my first time doing it), and if the poem isn't too "old fogies" for you, I'd love to have you join in.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70200&sid=1d869ded80fa6f6942449760dc5c9b47