Hello There! A Newbie From India

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Varshini

Post by Varshini »

I am a volunteer for librivox who joined yesterday.I am a person who loves reading and gaining knowledge.
THE MORE THAT YOU READ THE MORE THINGS YOU WILL KNOW THE MORE THAT YOU LEARN THE MORE PLACES YOU WILL GO.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Varshini wrote: May 8th, 2018, 6:36 am I am a volunteer for librivox who joined yesterday.I am a person who loves reading and gaining knowledge.
THE MORE THAT YOU READ THE MORE THINGS YOU WILL KNOW THE MORE THAT YOU LEARN THE MORE PLACES YOU WILL GO.
Nice quote! I think I'll pass it on to my wonderful, intelligent college junior grandson who, alas, does not read for pleasure! Imagine, my own flesh and blood, doesn't appreciate the value of literature. Says the sentences are too convoluted and the stories take too long to unfold. His media are Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and diverse websites. And various TV Series like Game of Thrones.

Oh I almost forgot, welcome to Librivox and I trust you will give yourself ample time to learn your way around the LV playground. We need you. Best place to start is right there in your Welcome Letter. We are basically a bunch of strangers from all over the world who use this book compiling platform to stitch thousands of books together collaboratively. It's quite ingenious, there is much to learn, and many ways to volunteer.
FatimaA

Post by FatimaA »

Hi Varshini, I'm a Kashmiri girl, so it's nice to see another South Asian :)

I also love reading and stories in general, and I was really happy to discover LibraVox. Welcome!!

Fatima
rahulg1995

Post by rahulg1995 »

Hi Varshini, I am Rahul from Delhi.. Great to have you here. Hope you have fun :)
ashwiniramdas

Post by ashwiniramdas »

Hello! I'm Ashwini :) I joined like 30 minutes ago. I'm also from India! Eager to volunteer for your community.

Super excited! Hope to work on many "proof listening" projects. :clap:
==============
Ashwini Rao Ramdas

LibriVox forum

==============