The email said to start here so...

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
nateperry333

Post by nateperry333 »

I've been reading aloud to my son for 4 years, and I would like to take those skills and make some use of them.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, nateperry333. If you enjoy reading aloud, you've come to the right place! Presumably you've gotten your Welcome Letter, and since you want to record, you start by submitting your 1 minute test. Well, actually I would take some time to peruse the Librivox wiki (see menu bar above), which is chock full of fascinating information about how this book-stitching platform makes books come together by the group efforts of many volunteers who don't even know each other. Then, submit your test, wait for an OK, and pick a few short sections to read. There are generally some children's books in progress. The First Post of any project will give you all the Book Coordinator's (BC) instructions on what to say for your INTRO, OUTRO, what to name your file, where to upload it, etc. Be sure not to record until the BC has assigned the file to you, because it may have already been assigned. It can take awhile for the Magic Window (MW) showing what sections are still open, to be updated. Good luck, be patient, ask questions, and I hope to see you around the LV playground.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, nateperry333. If you enjoy reading aloud, you've come to the right place! Presumably you've gotten your Welcome Letter, and since you want to record, you start by submitting your 1 minute test. Well, actually I would take some time to peruse the Librivox wiki (see menu bar above), which is chock full of fascinating information about how this book-stitching platform makes books come together by the group efforts of many volunteers who don't even know each other. Then, submit your test, wait for an OK, and pick a few short sections to read. There are generally some children's books in progress. The First Post of any project will give you all the Book Coordinator's (BC) instructions on what to say for your INTRO, OUTRO, what to name your file, where to upload it, etc. Be sure not to record until the BC has assigned the file to you, because it may have already been assigned. It can take awhile for the Magic Window (MW) showing what sections are still open, to be updated. Good luck, be patient, ask questions, and I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground.