Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AkashaQD

Post by AkashaQD »

Hello everyone!
I am very new to this side of Librivox but I have listening to Librivox recordings for years! I love to read and read aloud, so I am hoping that this will be just as fun. I hail from just about the absolute middle of Pennsylvania, not too terribly far from where they make Hershey's chocolate. Really looking forward to doing some recordings!
AkashaQD :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome aboard, AkashaQD. If you enjoy reading aloud . . . . sounds like you've come to the right place. Hopefully you've gotten your Welcome Letter and you know that the first thing to do is send us your 1 Minute Test, and while waiting for an OK on that, go ahead and poke through our Wiki and Forums (both in top menu bar) to learn more about how LV works. Once you get OK'd, go to the Readers Wanted Forums and sign up to read a few short sections. I recommend you get yourself accustomed to the recording/editing process before tackling anything big. Everything you need to know to participate on a project is contained in the First Post of that project.

What kind of recording equipment will you be using? Most of us use the free Audacity software, and there is a wide variety of microphones in use, from built-in laptop mikes, to fancy desk or boom mikes. Look forward to seeing you around the LV playground!
AkashaQD

Post by AkashaQD »

Thank you!
I am using the Audacity program and really liking that so far. And I just got a boom microphone yesterday so I playing around with it and figuring out all of it's ins and outs!
AkashaQD :D