Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
IndahJo

Post by IndahJo »

Hi everyone! My name is Indu. I enjoy reading aloud, although I don't really know how good it sounds to other people. I'm very excited to volunteer for Librifox. But I'm not sure how to get started here.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome aboard, Indu. If you enjoy reading aloud . . . . sounds like you've come to the right place. Hopefully you've gotten your Welcome Letter and you know that the first thing to do is send us your 1 Minute Test, and while waiting for an OK on that, go ahead and poke through our Wiki and Forums (both in top menu bar) to learn more about how LV works. Once you get OK'd, go to the Readers Wanted Forums and sign up to read a few short sections. I recommend you get yourself accustomed to the recording/editing process before tackling anything big. Everything you need to know to participate on a project is contained in the First Post of that project.

What kind of recording equipment will you be using? Most of us use the free Audacity software, and there is a wide variety of microphones in use, from built-in laptop mikes, to fancy desk or boom mikes. Look forward to seeing you around the LV playground!
IndahJo

Post by IndahJo »

I am having a little bit of problem with the mic in my laptop, and I have not yet been able to resolve it. Is it necessary that I record only through Audacity, or can use another recording app on my phone and upload the file? Is there any specific file format needed?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You can use any software - people do . All we care about is the finished product.

Anne