Hi all, Synx deWilde here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
synxdewilde

Post by synxdewilde »

Heyo, how're y'all doing?

Libravox is such an awesome source for listening to thousands of audiobooks and more. I'm not new to Libravox, I've been using it for years, but now I want to participate and offer my experience in acting and recording for more audiobooks.

Some projects I want to start are to have a complete English collection of The Flowers of Evil (Les Fleurs de Mal) by Charles Baudelaire, Franz Kafka's short stories (not just In the Penal Colony, Metamorphosis, and a handful of others), and the extended version of the Genji Monogatari by Murakami Shikubu. I have all the copies, and it'd be awesome to just have those extended collections on Libravox.

By the way, I really don't know what to say as my intro post. In hindsight I should've read a few more of other people's intros. Sorry if it's tmi.

But yeah, I'd love to start right away and begin posting. Anyone have any advice or are there any prerequisites, or questions for that matter?

It's a pleasure to be a part of this awesome group.

-Synx
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Wecome aboard - to get started quickly read your welcome email , do your 1 minute test (tech stuff not audition) and when your settings are right find something in one of the readers wanted that interests you
As to Kafka and other non English writers - unless you are planning to read in the language they were written . the translation attracts copyright so it can be diffucult to find PD English versions .

Anne
synxdewilde

Post by synxdewilde »

Thanks! Will do!
Quick question about what you mentioned. Is the copyright difficulty due to finding an english translation before 1923? I just want to make sure I understand that clearly.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes - well really because if the translation is pre 1923 we know it is PD , after that you'd have to prove it is and not just by someone having it on a web site - or Wikipedia or Internet Archive - there's no check made by many of these. The reason why Metamorphosis is so popular round here is because the translator himself released it into the PD

Anne
synxdewilde

Post by synxdewilde »

Oh, ok, got it. That makes sense. Thanks!
Although, that actually makes my plan a little more difficult, but I'm sure I'll find another fun text that's in the PD.

Thanks again for clearing that up!