Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mrbalushi

Post by mrbalushi »

Very excited to join, I've been told to do something with my deep voice haha so here I am :D

My name is Zakariya Al Balushi from Oman, I am 23. Just recorded my 1-Minute test which was a delightful experience! https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_zackbalushi.mp3
If anyone was curious :hmm: please leave any feedback in the test forum! I found out of LibriVox when hearing the Kabalyion audiobook on youtube! would love to read more!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Zakariya, welcome to the forum fun :D

wow you live in Oman...well you probably have much better weather there right now than we here in Europe. Starting with your one-minute-test was a great idea. After you get the ok there, you are free to participate wherever you like. It depends what you prefer: either poetry, or non-fiction, or maybe even drama ! We could always use new voices (and talents) over in our dramatic group. :)

Also, you may speak Arabic as your mother tongue, so if you like to read something in Arabic, you can post it in the Multilingual Project. The possibilities are endless.

If you are totally new to recording, I would suggest starting with a short section though, maybe a poem or a short chapter in a book. Immediately tackling a 1-hour-recording may be a bit daunting for first-timers. :? But of course it all depends on your preferences.

Well, check out the forum, have fun, and maybe one of these days I'll see you in one of the projects I'm participating as well :)

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Recording is only the first part of what our readers do. It's the editing that takes the most time. When you get to that, we have plenty of tutorials on our wiki, plus YouTube has lots of "Edit audio with Audacity" tutorials. And, there are some volunteers around here that edit for other readers. I do a bit of that. Best wishes on your journey!