North Carolinians CAN read!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dylan6x

Post by dylan6x »

Well, most of us I guess.

I'm Dylan, from NC, and a warm 'How'd you do!' to all! My grandmother is a published poet & author who passed her love of literature and the written word right on down the line to me. In fact, upon discovering this project, she was the first person I couldn't wait to tell. I hope to contribute as much time as I can, reading or proof-reading or whatever, because I love stuff like this. :D
I AM NOW A PROUD LIBRIVOXIAN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love to all!
Dylan
Dylan 6x
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Apparently North Carolinians can not just read, they can also write and get published! :thumbs:

You'll notice I edited your post to make it family-friendly. A way of answering your question there! :wink:

It's great to see your lively enthusiasm! I'm sure you'll have fun here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 1:11 am Apparently North Carolinians can not just read, they can also write and get published! :thumbs:

You'll notice I edited your post to make it family-friendly. A way of answering your question there! :wink:

It's great to see your lively enthusiasm! I'm sure you'll have fun here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
No idea what you edited out, Rapunzelina, but now that you mention it I realize that LV forum speech IS "family-friendly". A big change from what we hear around us all day long, on the news, TV shows and especially TV series.

However there is no ban on what we record. If it's Public Domain, we can record it. LV is a bastion of support for Freethought literature. Yeah!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hey, welcome to the LV family!

We do have quite a range from octogenarians to teens and younger children, a diversity of accents from around the world. We are held together by our love of literature and reading. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading and recording as part of a great community of people. Oh, no proof reading, but lots of proof listening to do! :wink:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry