Hello from the UK

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rawnsley

Post by rawnsley »

I found my way here after some detective work because Bauer Audio Books are listing LibriVox content on Google Play Music, but not saying where it comes from. I believe your books are all public domain (CC0), but I just thought it was cheeky not to at least mention the source.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello rawnsley! Welcome to Librivox!
There have been "cheekier" uses of librivox content and there's nothing that can be done about it.
The good that comes out of it is when people, like you, find their way to the original Librivox source :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 1:00 am Hello rawnsley! Welcome to Librivox!
There have been "cheekier" uses of librivox content and there's nothing that can be done about it.
The good that comes out of it is when people, like you, find their way to the original Librivox source :D
I second that, rawnsley! Welcome to the LV playground. Your comments are much appreciated.

But, given all the free information I mine off of the internet every day, from hundreds and thousands of folks who just want to share what they know, it makes me feel good to be able to infuse a little bit into the giving circle, and if others pick it up and spread it further, good for me (some of my LV books are monetized on YouTube by complete strangers). Of course, paying tribute (giving thanks) builds good karma for the recipient and it encourages the giver to keep on giving, so I fervently hope that never disappears from the human psyche. It won't from my end. :D
rawnsley

Post by rawnsley »

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Always nice to see a new Uk-accented voice on here - I hope you plan to read for us??