Hello from Alabama!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Hazelrig

Post by Hazelrig »

In preface: to the disappointment of some and the delight of others, I don't have much of a Southern accent despite living in Alabama my whole life. Usually not. :D

Anyway, hi! I'm Hazelrig--Jordan Hazelrig specifically. My online handle is usually Decafon, but I found it fitting to use my actual name since it'll be on contributions and whatnot. I'm completely new to LibriVox; a good friend of mine recommended I take a look into it a while back, so I decided I would do exactly that. And I'm glad I did already! Just poking my nose around the forums a bit told me this seems to be a great place.

My interest for contribution is reading; I've been told a few times I have a good voice for it, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm always open for advice and criticism, and I really enjoy helping others however I can.

I haven't had any real experience in reading full works, mostly voiceovers/narrations of short films, promo clips, that sort of thing. But I did most recently finish a reading of Ecclesiastes which I really enjoyed (I hope it's okay to share that--mods let me know if that's a negative). I would like to focus on philosophical works, fiction of any kind, poetry...honestly I'm up for pretty much anything, especially things which let me grow and develop as a reader.

I already did a 1-minute test post here, and all feedback is deeply appreciated. Except the electrical kind.

I hope to work with and get to know you all! Also, I'm an open book, so questions are welcome as well.

fin
Jordan Hazelrig
"Above all, one must hear aright the tone that comes from this mouth, the halcyon tone, lest one should do wretched injustice to the meaning of its wisdom." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome to Librivox!
It's wonderful to meet a person with a sense of humour! :D
I admire your motive for recording, choosing things that let you grow and develop as a reader!
Have fun here!
msfry

Post by msfry »

There's a really neat fortnightly poem going on right now, you could make a contribution there. Check it out.

The Crocuses by Frances E. W. Harper (1825 - 1911).
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=69839

Of course, lots of material available to read on the Readers Wanted forums.

See you soon around the LV playground! :D
Hazelrig

Post by Hazelrig »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 12:46 am Welcome to Librivox!
It's wonderful to meet a person with a sense of humour! :D
I admire your motive for recording, choosing things that let you grow and develop as a reader!
Have fun here!
Thank you! Laughter gives the world a touch of color, so I choose to do it often. And I appreciate it--personal development is something which I try to cultivate within myself; if I do so, there's a far greater chance that I'll be able to help others.
I do forward to it!
msfry wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 8:10 am There's a really neat fortnightly poem going on right now, you could make a contribution there. Check it out.

The Crocuses by Frances E. W. Harper (1825 - 1911).
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=69839

Of course, lots of material available to read on the Readers Wanted forums.

See you soon around the LV playground! :D
Ah, I hate i missed out on the recording. I'm currently on a business trip, but I'll be back in the saddle once I get back. I look forward to contributing as I can. Thanks for letting me know!
Jordan Hazelrig
"Above all, one must hear aright the tone that comes from this mouth, the halcyon tone, lest one should do wretched injustice to the meaning of its wisdom." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hazelrig wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:25 am Ah, I hate i missed out on the recording. I'm currently on a business trip, but I'll be back in the saddle once I get back. I look forward to contributing as I can. Thanks for letting me know!
No loss. There is always another poem going on! Always fun to listen to the various interpretations. See you when you get back.