G'day from the Land Down Under!!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JonBailey

Post by JonBailey »

Just a friendly hello to all of you in the forum. I am from Australia and I am interested in contributing in any way I can to Librivox. I love reading out loud, and I am interested in taking on a solo or collaborative project. I also have extensive experience in drama and am more than interested in tackling some of the PD plays that I have seen up on Gutenberg and the like. Willing to help in whatever way I can.

Cheers!! :D :clap:
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

JonBailey wrote: April 13th, 2018, 11:11 pm Just a friendly hello to all of you in the forum. I am from Australia and I am interested in contributing in any way I can to Librivox. I love reading out loud, and I am interested in taking on a solo or collaborative project. I also have extensive experience in drama and am more than interested in tackling some of the PD plays that I have seen up on Gutenberg and the like. Willing to help in whatever way I can.

Cheers!! :D :clap:
Excellent, Jon. Welcome. I guess you've learnt your welcome email off by heart :D And posted your 1-minute test?

Best,

Barbara
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Jon. The plays are very popular, and there are lots of books that want dramatic flair to enliven the characters. What equipment and recording software are you planning to use?
JonBailey

Post by JonBailey »

barbara2 wrote: April 15th, 2018, 5:59 am Excellent, Jon. Welcome. I guess you've learnt your welcome email off by heart :D And posted your 1-minute test?

Best,

Barbara
Hello. I have completed my 1-minute test and it can be found at this link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/1_Minute_Test.mp3

I have some technical issues with it, but I'm going to fix those tonight.

Cheers!
JonBailey

Post by JonBailey »

msfry wrote: April 15th, 2018, 12:34 pm Hi, Jon. The plays are very popular, and there are lots of books that want dramatic flair to enliven the characters. What equipment and recording software are you planning to use?
I have a Rode Podcaster USB Microphone and I am using Audacity on Windows 10 (but I am hoping to upgrade to Adobe Audition soon).
msfry

Post by msfry »

I use Audacity on Windows 10 myself, as I suspect most LV'ers do because it is free, and it's come a long way in recent years. Most of our Wiki video tutorials discuss editing using Audacity, so lots of support there.

Nice Mike! I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground!