Hi from a newby in Australia!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AussieDeb1960

Post by AussieDeb1960 »

Hi folks and greetings from Down Under. Just discovered this wondeful service on the week end and I am keen to read. I am a nearly 60year old, married to a wondeful man, two great kids and two wonderful grand daughters. As long as I can remember I loved books and writing. I have dabbled in writing and more recently I make up stories for my grand kids. A long time ago I also became an announcer on a local radio station. My husband and I have lived in Australia, Papua New Guinea and the Philippines. We also had a long stint in Arnhem Land. Looking forward to reading through all the information and getting going!!
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Hi Deb, welcome, we need more Australian accents. You might like to look at Phil Chenevert's helpful tutorials as you're getting started:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39890

Best,

Barbara
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

G'day
Your welcome email should tell you enough to get your 1 min test in - it's not an audition, just a way to get your setting right on a mit of scrap material. And you'll be used to microphones - which gives you a good start . the first sreps are probaly the hardest , but then the fun and satisfaction steps in. Looking forward to hearing you around

Anne
And just reminding Barbara - us Aussies don't have accents, everyone else does :D