Hello from west chicagoland, US

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mewatts

Post by mewatts »

I have always loved to read since I was a kid and loved the library. I was happy to find Librivox and am excited to volunteer.

I like classical literature, mythology, fantasy, historical fiction, history, and bio-sciences.

I recorded a test and uploaded it to the proper section, but if anyone wants to hear it and give me feedback, I will also post the link here.
Last edited by mewatts on April 5th, 2018, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Welcome to LibriVox, Melissa -- you have a lovely voice! Looking forward to hearing you around the place. :9:

We'll need to get your volume up a bit (just, not by talking louder, which is hard on the vocal cords), but I think you'll get help and advice on that over in the other forum. :thumbs: It can be rather fiddly to get things sorted out, so please bear with the process and ask questions if anything is confusing. We've all been there. (Well, except those of us who were too loud to start with. ;) ) Once it's sorted, you won't have to tinker with the settings too much unless you want to. (Warning: you probably will want to, in the future, anyway. Many of us are chasing the best possible sound for our voice and equipment in combination.)

Anyhoo! Enjoy!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
mewatts

Post by mewatts »

Thank you :)

I had to get a better microphone because the one on my headset just wasn't cutting it. I uploaded a new MP3.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_melissawatts.mp3 New Link.
Cori

Post by Cori »

That was a good investment, I reckon. So much clearer. :D What are you going to record next?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!