Hello from Oregon

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
saw5150

Post by saw5150 »

Hi everyone my name is Scott. I have been interested in audio books for some time and am look forwarding to reading for Librivox. I don't really have much experience in audio recording, but am looking forward to the challenge. Thank you for the opportunity! :D
Cori

Post by Cori »

Lovely to have you joining us, Scott! You're exactly where I was when I joined, in terms of experience ... in fact I think the vast majority of readers here were in the same boat. We have lots of materials here to help, wiki instructions and illustrated step-by-steps and videos ... and of course we're here to help as best we can too. Just ask as things come up, and stick with it. There's quite a bit to learn straightaway, but once you're through that, things don't change very much. And it's honestly easier than it might look if you take it steady. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
saw5150

Post by saw5150 »

Thank you for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! I have my 1-minute test in and hoping to start recording soon. I really like to read and what Librivox is doing is such a great idea. Thank you for the opportunity!!!
msfry

Post by msfry »

I second what Cori said. Taking it steady is the key and once you've read through the material, become familiar with the forums, and been through the recording process a few times, it all becomes a lot easier. Help lurks everywhere. Welcome aboard.