Hi from Texas!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kristinweis

Post by kristinweis »

Hi everyone,
I'm Kristin! Born, raised and living in Dallas Texas. I'm so excited to get started! Reading is one of my favorite things to do, and I'm lucky enough to get to tell stories every day in my job as a radio news reporter! Hope to connect with some of you on this forum!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Good to have you joining us, Kristin! Sounds like you're a perfect shoo-in for helping out here. And, you're into the One Minute Test process already -- excellent! Please do bear with it, volume & background noise are of course important, and getting all the technical settings right means that our storage place (archive.org) will automagically generate a heap of different file formats from the one we send over. I love that, because it means a much wider audience can listen to our recordings, no matter what kit they're using.

And, do ask any questions as they come up. Have fun! :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
msfry

Post by msfry »

A radio news reporter! Aw, shucks. I always wanted to be a free-lance reporter/journalist, but life took me in a different direction towards teaching, and now retired at 71 years of age, I don't think I can develop a new career. So Librivox provides me with the perfect outlet to read/talk and in a way I am reporting by recording, preserving and popularizing the stories other talented writers have written in the past. Welcome to the LV playground. I predict you are going to enjoy yourself here enormously.