Hello from Florida!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AbbeyWright

Post by AbbeyWright »

Hello everybody!

I am brand new to this forum, so bear with me if I wind up asking seemingly ignorant questions. :shock:
So a little bit about me...daughter, sister, wife, mom, grandma, teacher, speaker, actor (amateur for those last two!), and lover of reading and writing. Originally from Texas, raised my children in Florida, moved to Georgia for eleven years, and now we are back in beautiful Florida again at last! I have always read aloud to anyone and everyone who would listen...friends, my children, my students, and even my husband, so you can imagine how excited I was to discover this site! So excited to get started!

Thanks for listening,
AbbeyWright
Cori

Post by Cori »

Questions are good, Abbey! We all remember being new here and how much there was to figure out. :D So do our best to be helpful in our turn. And, it's good to revisit our practices and policies, just to check they still serve us. We've been gently improving our process over years and years, and there's room to tweak yet, I'm sure.

Please do take a look at the One Minute Test first. Both because it's super-important to make sure your recording setup is the best it can be for your voice. And, frankly, also because I really would like to hear your accent (even if of course you don't really have one. ;) ) I have a feeling it's going to have a lovely lilt. No pressure, though! Whatever's fun for you. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome, Abbey. I'm a strange combination of accents myself, because my Dad and all his siblings were Yankees from New Jersey, my Mom is a native of Paris, France, but I was raised in South Louisiana, and eventually married (first husband) into a Cajun family, and am now married to a true Texan with an authentic brawl who says "where's it at". Talk about a confusing mix of accents. Sounds to me like you are going to love it here.