Hello LibriVox fam!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
topramenpack

Post by topramenpack »

Greetings of peace and prosperity!

I'm proud and excited to join the community of readers here.
If there are any tech tips that I find that might make your recording process easier I will be sharing them here. Or if there's a really good book/audiobook I'll definitely be listing some for you all to check out. Other than that, I look forward to contributing to the Librivox community.

Thanks.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Lovely to have you joining us! We're always interested in new tips -- take a look around the Help forums to see the sort of topics we're already discussing, and there's lots available in the wiki too.

Audiobooks, if they're by LibriVox, then it's really nice to share them in the Thank You Messages thread, as I know people do use that as a place to pick up new ideas from fans of a particular book/reader. Plus it's a boost for the reader to know someone in particular listened. 8-)

Modern audiobooks would go in Off Topic -- perhaps in the Book A Week Club thread, which is for anyone reading any number of books this year, and a fun place to find out about newer books as well as LibriVox ones again. :D

If you're planning to record, please do start with the One Minute Test to be sure all your technical settings are to the LibriVox spec. That's set up so archive.org, where our files are ultimately stored, can auto-magically generate a heap of different file formats, to widen our audience further. Plus making sure the audience can actually hear you (common for recordings to be too quiet or too loud, and at the extremes, neither can be mitigated well in post-production.)

And, most importantly of all, have fun here!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!