Listenning start, Voice come along

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Longyang

Post by Longyang » March 11th, 2018, 4:02 am

It's so lucky to come here.
I hope to be simple as possible as I can.

Best wishes. :D

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » March 11th, 2018, 4:37 am

It's good that you're here! Please ask if you have any questions. And have fun. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

Longyang

Post by Longyang » March 12th, 2018, 4:15 am

I want to choose a short story to begin my first record which is relating to critical thinking or self-cognition, could you give me some good suggestions ! Thanks in advance. : )

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » March 12th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Ah, not my field of expertise at all. Do you have favourite older authors? We could have a look and see if they have essays or lectures available. :D You'll need to make sure that they died before 1968 (to be in the Public Domain in China) and also, that the piece was published before 1923 (to be in the Public Domain in the US.) We need to follow both laws because of where the files are created and stored, though I know it can be annoying.

In the meantime, a great place to start is the One Minute Test, just to be sure all your technical settings are good to go.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

Longyang

Post by Longyang » March 13th, 2018, 2:50 am

Ok, thanks your quick reply. I will check this time line which I can read of my favorite book. And test my device .