Hi from Kay Hall Looking for Beginner Project

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Karinanyc

Post by Karinanyc »

I am an avid reader and writer and have done some audio work. I have an M.A. in English literature and I'd like to find a beginner project so that I can learn about the process. I am a very dependable and committed person, so I look forward to my journey with hopefully a great crew!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Lovely to have you joining us, Kay! The place I started as a beginner was with the Weekly Poetry. Each Sunday a new poem is posted, and then as many people as fancy it, go ahead and record. It's ideal for beginners because it's short, quickly catalogued, and there's absolutely no pressure -- everyone's doing the same piece, and listeners benefit from all the different voices and interpretations.

The current project is here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=69415 but I'd recommend doing a quick One Minute Test before you record, because that's the fastest way to confirm all your technical settings are in order.

If you don't catch this week's project (or aren't keen on the poem), then the new one will be posted in the same Short Works forum.

Please do just ask if you have any questions, and have fun here!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I agree that the Short Works forum is the place to start - though I'm not a huge poetry reader. There are prose projects also, usually short stories or children's books with relatively short chapters. I'd suggest starting with something under 2,000 words for a first pick (that's about 15 mins final recorded time).