Vermont is the place to be from this week!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

Hi all, I'm Robert from Ferrisburgh, VT (USA). I'm newly remarried and our total of 6 kids (right?) are all grown and moved away. I had a small home studio about 20 years ago running on a honking desktop with huge (for then) drives, which I used for some light recording duties for our church band.

I'm anxious to get back into audio now, not just production but also voice narration. Today I have a shiny, tiny laptop, a USB interface and a studio condenser mike and I'm ready to get started! I love books of all types, and I have some time available now to give back to the wonderful array of audiobook projects that are out there.

I also hope to meet some new people with interests similar to mine, and maybe even collaborate on some vocal projects with you in the future.

For now, I'm learning my setup, dusting off the vocal chords, and eager to dive into some small works (short stories and poems on any topic) at first. My ultimate goal: Narrate Moby Dick. Yeah, I know it's been done already, but that would be one big work of art!!! And, I'll settle for just doing the Chapter called (if I recall correctly), "The Whiteness of the Whale." That one sticks out in my mind for some reason.

Looking forward to some great works!

Sincerely,

Robert Robinson
chestnutbay AT gmail.com
rrobinson84
Robert Robinson
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi
Welcome to Librivox. I've changed your email in the post so it won't be harveted and your inbox filled with Spam - I'm not sure if they can harvest from the signature , I think maybe coding it as "my email" with the link might be safer , I can't remember seeing an email on display but round here someone will tell me if I'm wrong :D :D . We don't ever use emails as contacts except in dire emergencies - members can always PM you.

Welcome aboard , have fun , check the tech bits with the 1 minute test before going live , and most of all, have fun.

Anne
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

OK, thanks. I'll have to remember the 'rules' from the old IRC days, right!

Robert
Robert Robinson