Greetings from the US Midwest

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
QuakerWoodworker

Post by QuakerWoodworker »

I am a teacher of writing at College of DuPage, a large community college outside of Chicago, Illinois. I first heard about LibriVox two or three years after its founding. I was impressed by the mission of LibriVox to revitalize older books by giving them voice and making them easily accessible to people world-wide. I greatly appreciate what LibriVox has given me access to -- the letters of Van Gogh, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, the writings of John Ruskin...on and on. I would like to contribute to the work you do, both as a reader and proof-listener. As a reader, I would enjoy recording public domain works of poetry, philosophy, and spiritual reflection. I am glad to be part of the LibriVox community.

Bob D-K
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

A hearty welcome Bob. We are a friendly bunch here and want you to jump right in. Please read your welcoming email, it has lots of helpful information and links to get you started. Your 1 minute test is first if you want to record. Ask lots of quesitons.. here is a Mardi Gras tingie since I am from New Orleans. .Image
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Billstc77

Post by Billstc77 »

Phil,

Just saw your name on here, I've listened to some of your readings and wanted to give a shout out on the great work. Philip K Dick is one of my favorite authors and I know I've heard you in some other sci-fi.

I also happen to be in New Orleans just for Mardi Gras, also did a swamp tour and St. Louis Cemetery #1 tour. Leaving now but this is a great city.