Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TheVagabond

Post by TheVagabond »

I'm a retired secondary school teacher who never passed on the opportunity to read a story or a poem to any of my classes over the years.

When I discovered Librivox I signed up right away, but that was a year ago and I didn't get round to doing anything at all until January 2018. However, I've woken myself up over the last couple of weeks and I am now enjoying my first reading contribution - and loving it.

I should add that apart from the joys of reading, and acquiring technical skills which are new to me, Librivox is persuading me to improve my time management, which I've never been particularly good at.

Happy to have joined the Librivox family.

Tom
'Make use of time, let not advantage slip'
(Shakespeare, Venus and Adonis)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Hi Tom,
TheVagabond wrote: February 4th, 2018, 3:33 pm I should add that apart from the joys of reading, and acquiring technical skills which are new to me, Librivox is persuading me to improve my time management, which I've never been particularly good at.
As teacher?! :shock: :D o well, I admit, I feel with you.

Welcome at LibriVox :thumbs:
TheVagabond

Post by TheVagabond »

Hi Moniaqua,

Servant of the timetable at school, but haphazard otherwise, though never lost sleep over it.

Having a deadline - albeit quite a distant one - and a time-consuming project is gently imposing changes in my routines, and I'm enjoying that, (as well as the reading, of course.)

Just found a lovely quote from Shakespeare: 'Make use of time, let not advantage slip'.

I should use that as a signature!... and a target.

Cheers.
Tom
'Make use of time, let not advantage slip'
(Shakespeare, Venus and Adonis)