Hello from NYC!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
huntersmith

Post by huntersmith »

I am interning at this company and they covert audio to video for many podcasters and book publishers. I thought I could help the community by doing quick promos of some of the books here. Guessing it could be helpful on the site or on social media. Will try a few and hopefully it adds some value! Thanks to everyone here for making and improving this!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

We've had people make YouTube videos out of our audios. Are you thinking of something similar to that? :)

I'm not sure we'd use promo videos on the LV site; if someone wants to preview a recording, they can start listening to it. :hmm: But you're certainly welcome to make promo videos to send out into the wild to let people know of our existence.

Please be sure you have in mind that we're not a professional recording entity; people who would not be considered "good enough" for professional book narration are welcomed here. Our requirements are that you are understandable in the language in which you're reading, and that you have equipment and software that allow you to submit files that meet our technical requirements (bit rate, sample rate, volume, etc.). 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
huntersmith

Post by huntersmith »

Yes, exactly that - youtube like videos but more suited for social media. Some examples on sparemin.com, but will make some of the books here this week! Regarding not using them on the site, totally get it. Just thought sometimes people need to see a clip, whereas the usual first few minutes aren't the best "trailer" or sample for the book.