Greetings!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SopranoRachel

Post by SopranoRachel »

Hi, everyone - SopranoRachel here. I'm a classical singer, and I'm branching out into voice acting because I already have a skill set for it. I thought this would be a great place to start, especially since I love poetry. I'm a native English speaker (American), and I'm not intimidated by European languages or musical terms since I already use these in my work. I'm also a passionate birdwatcher and am already excited about the possibility of recording Birds and Nature which contains some written-out birdsongs (my friends make fun of me for putting English words to birdsongs, but that's how I remember them). I have a question I haven't seen addressed: does LV have a policy or suggestions about how to handle quotations within read material? Do you say "quote" or do you affect a slightly different range/voice, or is it up to me depending on the text? Example here: I don't even know what the quotes are from:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/49982/49982-h/49982-h.htm#c14
Thanks for any input. I'm going to set up my equipment in the next couple of days, send my test, and get going!
Rachel
p.s. I would like to do the reading above but am not officially claiming it yet because I need to make sure my setup is complete. Stay tuned...
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome here at LibriVox, Rachel :)
SopranoRachel wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 7:43 am I have a question I haven't seen addressed: does LV have a policy or suggestions about how to handle quotations within read material? Do you say "quote" or do you affect a slightly different range/voice, or is it up to me depending on the text? Example here: I don't even know what the quotes are from:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/49982/49982-h/49982-h.htm#c14
I highly depends :D On the text, on the BC, on how the book is approached here.
In the case of the birds I's just mimic the bird's sound and for other quotes I'd change voice slightly, but check with the BC.

If you already can claim a section also highly depends on the BC. Maybe you just ask if you can't survive without reading in that project ;) Usually there is a 1-month-timeslot to finish a section.

Every once in a while there is also some singing-stuff to record here, so -stay tuned ;)
SopranoRachel

Post by SopranoRachel »

Great - thanks!
carteki

Post by carteki »

We currently have a singing piece on Bach that is being recorded if you would like to sign up. See my signature for more information.
Hope to see you there.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

carteki wrote: February 7th, 2018, 12:05 pm See my signature for more information.
I might be blind...
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Well no , you aren't , but then none of us are perfect. She'll correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's here viewtopic.php?t=66869

Anne
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

annise wrote: February 7th, 2018, 2:30 pm but then none of us are perfect
Right. I think I forgot a smiley :)
That's what I suspected that it is the Schweitzer <sigh> It's really a pity, such a wonderful project and I am living in the wrong country. Thank you for the link.