Moin moin from Germany!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
elisaa

Post by elisaa »

(little late, but well, that's me :D )

Hi folks,

I’m a twentysomethingsomething student from Germany. I first found out about Librivox a couple of years ago, when I was facing a long train ride and needed something to pass the time. I was mindblown how many people invest their time and energy to make literature accessible to everyone and how many great books you can find in the public domain that I would have never heard of otherwise.

I have been very uncomfortable with my voice for the longest time, because a few people have made stupid comments about it when I was at an impressionable age, and it generally just sounds much more girly than I am (I know that sounds silly, tough luck right, but it really used to be a problem for me) :lol: But well, I’ve made a resolution this year to bury the hatchet and learn to live with it, and what better way to do so than to try and give something back to this community that has entertained me during long, lonely hours? On top of that I’m currently dealing with an injured knee, so I have to do something to occupy my usual sport time or I’m gonna start to jump out of my skin, haha :D :?

I’m a big fan of scifi and poetry, and have read a lot more books in English than in German in recent years, so I would love to join an English project here as well at some point (when I’m okay with my accent…). Other than that I’m a techie with a big heart for art and the unusual.

It’s lovely to be here with you!

Cheers, Elisa
i tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
- kurt vonnegut
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

elisaa wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:16 pm (little late, but well, that's me :D
Ich dacht mir grad, hab Dich doch schon in den Readers wanted gesehen :lol:
elisaa wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:16 pm I have been very uncomfortable with my voice for the longest time, because a few people have made stupid comments about it when I was at an impressionable age, and it generally just sounds much more girly than I am (I know that sounds silly, tough luck right, but it really used to be a problem for me) :lol:
Oh, in about twenty years you might be glad about that "girly" sound ;)
elisaa wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:16 pm But well, I’ve made a resolution this year to bury the hatchet and learn to live with it, and what better way to do so than to try and give something back to this community that has entertained me during long, lonely hours?
Very good idea! You'll get used to your voice :) Btw, as you mention studying - do you know Autosuggestives Lernen? For boring, stupid Auswendiglernzeugs. Hat mir mein Hinterteil bei einigen Prüfungen gerettet ;)
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello Elisa,

Great to have you with us!

Many, probably most, folks here progress from listening to reading. I did. You're on the right path! :thumbs:

As to accents, everybody has one. They are grrrrreat! :D

Welcome, and make yourself at home!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
elisaa

Post by elisaa »

moniaqua wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:52 pm Oh, in about twenty years you might be glad about that "girly" sound ;)
Hahaha, I hope so, otherwise I might have to start smoking or something and that would be a bad solution all around :hmm: :D
moniaqua wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:52 pm Btw, as you mention studying - do you know Autosuggestives Lernen? For boring, stupid Auswendiglernzeugs. Hat mir mein Hinterteil bei einigen Prüfungen gerettet ;)
No, I don't think I do... Tell me more! :wink:
i tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
- kurt vonnegut
elisaa

Post by elisaa »

tovarisch wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:57 pm As to accents, everybody has one. They are grrrrreat! :D
Phew :D

Thank you!
- kurt vonnegut
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

elisaa wrote: January 19th, 2018, 2:54 pm No, I don't think I do... Tell me more! :wink:
Der Grundgedanke dabei ist, das Unterbewusstsein auszunützen. Da hängt sich vieles ein, was man gar nicht so mitbekommt.

Der Ablauf ist
- eine aktive Phase, wo man sich aktiv mit dem zu lernenden Stoff beschäftigt. Durchdenkt, überlegt, aufschreibt etc.
- Dann folgt eine passive Phase im entspannten (nicht schlafenden! Da ist ein Unterschied! [1]) Zustand. Man spricht sich also das Zeug ein, mit Entspannungs- und "Aufwach"-disclaimer davor und danach, unterlegt mit entspannender Musik. Irgend etwas Ruhiges mit um die 60 bpm, das entspricht dem Ruhepuls in etwa. Klassik, Entspannungsmusik (New Age), was einem gefällt. Das hört man ein paar mal in entspanntem Zustand an.
- Dann beschäftigt man sich wieder aktiv damit.

Ich "höre" mir die Sachen oft noch zusätzlich vor der ersten aktiven Phase und auch zwischendurch auf eine Lautstärkelevel an, dass ich das gar nicht bewusst höre und handarbeite nebenbei etwas.

Wir haben das im Studium mal gemacht; die, die das Referat darüber gehalten haben haben es natürlich gleich durchgezogen. Interessant fand ich hinterher die Ergebnisse der Klausur, bei der das Thema dabei war. Die Dozentin hatte die Punktzahl aufgeschlüsselt auf die einzelnen Fragen ausgehängt. Bei der Frage zu dem Thema Autosuggestion hatten alle, die in dieser Vorlesungsstunde waren, fast volle oder volle Punktzahl, auch wenn sie sonst nicht so gut abgeschnitten hatten.

Ich habe mir damit Physik reingezogen (was zu lernen war), Psychologie und noch irgend etwas. Erfolgreich. Böse Zungen behaupten, ich hätte beim Lernen in der passiven Phase geschnarcht ;). Das war in der Hängematte im Urlaub :)

[1] Ich habe grad einen saublöden Artikel dazu gefunden, der sagt, dass "Lernen im Schlaf" nicht funktioniert. Was der Schreiberling dabei vollkommen übersieht ist, dass diese Kurse, die er anprangert, eben nicht im Schlaf stattfinden sondern in einem Zustand der Tiefenentspannung, der anders ist als Schlaf und wo das Gehirn sehr wohl aufnahmebereit ist. Im Beipackzettel steht das i.d.R. auch, zumindest bei den Kursen, die ich in der Hand hatte.