hello, I'm Lithuanian

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
daivamalina

Post by daivamalina »

hello my name is Daiva. I'm originally Lithuanian. I'm very keen to start my first recording in Lithuanian. But everything still so confusing nand so many questions. :roll:
firstly, I'm not so sure how to choose material. I have some ideas, but i don't know will I be approved and how would I know if someone else choose the same material and record at the same time. I now at the beginning there is some text to that I had to say, shall I say it in English or translate to my own language....

thanks

Daiva M
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome to LibriVox, Daiva :).

There might even be some guys who can DPL your language.
daivamalina wrote: January 17th, 2018, 10:02 am But everything still so confusing nand so many questions
Just ask :)
daivamalina wrote: January 17th, 2018, 10:02 am firstly, I'm not so sure how to choose material.
Before you record readings, you should do the 1-minute-test. This ist indeed the very first step after registration and introducing yourself. That is only to make sure you can deal with the tech-specs; you do not want to re-record a recording of one hour or so ;)

Then, you can either look in one of the "Readers wanted"-forums or you can choose any book in the public domain, that is the book must be published before 1923 because we need to obey US-law and as you live in Lithuania the author must be dead for at least 70 years.

I'd suggest you to do some short recordings in a group project before you start to read a book of your own, to get used to the workflow here.
daivamalina wrote: January 17th, 2018, 10:02 am how would I know if someone else choose the same material and record at the same time
That is not a problem at all - if you record a book that already exists at LibriVox, then there are two books :)

In group projects you can look at the Magic Window and see which sections are already claimed; you just ask for one that is not assigned yet.
daivamalina wrote: January 17th, 2018, 10:02 am I now at the beginning there is some text to that I had to say, shall I say it in English or translate to my own language....
It usually is written in the first post :) When you do a solo, it is your choice. If you read in your language, I'd suggest you do the intro in your language as well.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Tomas Peter (user name WiltedScribe) is probably our most prolific reader from Lithuania. I am sure that he would be happy to help you.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by carteki »

Hi,
If you want to try something in your own language how about the UN Declaration of Human Rights? The text is here.
You can sign up in the post above if you want to contribute.
Thanks