Hello from Los Angeles!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ActressXOlivia

Post by ActressXOlivia »

Hello LibriVox curators, readers, and listeners:

My name is Olivia Jane Marie Sundeen and I am a 21 year old, classically trained actress, currently living in Los Angeles. I have always loved Audiobooks ever since I could read, which for me was much later than most. I was still at a 2nd Grade reading level in 5th Grade and with the consistent support of my mother and grandfather I was eventually to catch on, but slowly. It wasn't until my mother said that I could not see the 6th Harry Potter movie without reading the book first that gave me the incentive to read my first really big book. That size was so intimidating to me that I previously didn't even try. So, we went to the library and checked out both the book and the audiobook along with it. I read and listened and something inside of me clicked. When I was done with the novel I immediately rushed back to the library, checked out the final installment, and read from cover to cover, by myself, in 7 days exactly.

The years following I became the President of my High School book club and won the School's year long book challenge with my total books read coming to 32 during the school year and 18 over the summer. No one could stop me reading anything I could get my hands on.

Flashing forward a few years to near present day, I had graduated form The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Hollywood and I was looking for an artistic channel I could find personally fulfilling and convenient by being home based. This seemed like the perfect path for me for I was trained to use my voice. So I invested in my equipment and on Christmas Day of 2017 I released my first audiobook on SoundCloud. It was the American short story "The Gift of the Maji" by O. Henry (I will attach a link below, I definitely would much appreciate any professional feedback on the track - please and thank you).

Now we're in a New Year and I'm very excited to be a part of LibriVox's volunteer readers! :9:

Thank you so much for your time in reading this. Here is the link:

https://soundcloud.com/olivia-jane-marie-sundeen/sirens-stories-presents-the

I'd really appreciate feedback, likes, and shares. We must all support one another in humanity's quest to tell a story.

Regards,
Olivia Jane Marie Sundeen
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Hi Olivia,

welcome at LibriVox, sounds like you will feel very well in the Drama-section.
ActressXOlivia wrote: January 8th, 2018, 12:23 am (I will attach a link below, I definitely would much appreciate any professional feedback on the track - please and thank you).
Sorry that I can not help you on that as I am not a professional audiobook-reader, I can only do the 1-minute-tests that are required of everyone who wants to read for LibriVox just to see that the tech spec (they differ from other audio-books sometimes) are handled right. :)
I just can say that I liked your reading on soundcloud. For LibriVox we need mp3-files though, soundcloud doesn't work here.