Hi all, MollyBlue here. First second on the boards.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MollyBlue

Post by MollyBlue » January 3rd, 2018, 9:50 pm

I'm currently living in Olympia, the Pacific Northwest. I originally hail from the Midwest. I've always enjoyed reading to others. Now I find I might have some good time to commit to this venture. I enjoy all the classics and children's books. I can do some voices but mostly attached to children's stories that I read to my son when he was little. I have a B.A. in Education and spent years working in government. Let's see. I'm retired/disabled.

I currently have a cold so my voice is not in tune unless I'm reading an "old witch or hag" part, but I hope to be able to contribute as a reader. I can also be of value as a proof listener.

My dog, Molly enjoys chasing squirrels, other dogs, and kids on skateboards. She's a very loving and affectionate animal and works for me.

I'm not certain what else to add her at the moment. Thanks for reading.

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » January 4th, 2018, 1:47 am

Hi MollyBlue,

welcome here at LibriVox.

As long as you've the cold you probably don't want to talk to much, depending on the kind of cold (I usually even sing if it's not to high, but then I am not a professional singer but still have got the technic so that is doesn't harm the voice). But until after that there might still be one or two childrens books left :lol: Maybe even more ;). If you aren't afraid to harm your voice and only don't want to read "real" recordings you could dot the 1-minute-test as this one is more to get the technical stuff on mic and PC right.

Get well soon! :)

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 4th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Hi MollyBlue! Welcome to Librivox.

When you're over your cold and have completed your 1-minute test, you might like to start by taking a role in the current Dramatic Reading of "The Story of the Amulet". It's a children's story, and there are heaps of voice parts to choose from. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=68374

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."